District 9 Road Report: Work Zone Traffic Update for May 30-June 4
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet reminds motorists to watch for lane closures, delays, and traffic changes in state highway work zones this week:
- Eastbound I-64 near Owingsville: Contractors will patch pavement right before Exit 121 (KY 36) in both eastbound lanes. Watch for alternating lane closures, one-lane traffic. Take it slow, expect delays.
- KY 3294 (Cannonsburg Road): Paving should be complete Wednesday between US 60 and Shopes Creek (mile markers 0-4). Expect one-lane, flagged traffic today, tomorrow.
- KY 3: Drainage and slip repairs between Spurlock Hill and Indian Trail, milepoint 11-11.5, now under way. Road closed, day and night, through June 16. Detour via KY 180, I-64, US 23.
- US 60 (Coalton to Cannonsburg): Road reconstruction continues along 4 miles of US 60 between I-64 at Coalton and the Cannonsburg KY 180 intersection. Lane shifts, daily flagged traffic, narrow travel lanes, speed limit changes, blasting. Expect delays. Detours: Princeland Drive is closed, and detoured to Princess Dr. All KY 5 traffic is detoured to Princess Drive intersection. Use KY 180-Exit 185 as alternate route to and from I-64 to avoid delays.
- KY 3, KY 773 (Bolts Fork), KY 752 (Brooks Road), KY 854: Blacktop patching operations over the next few weeks. One-lane, flagged traffic, and delays expected.
- Coming soon to KY 168 (Blackburn Avenue): Blacktop patching at various locations between 13th Street in Ashland and Westwood.
- Eastbound I-64 near Grayson: One-lane traffic on East I-64 at the Little Sandy River bridge (mile marker 172.5) on Wednesday, May 31, for concrete patching on the bridge. Lane closure will shift sides during the day. Use caution, slow down for workers, expect delays.
- AA Highway/KY 7 Intersection: Upgrades to the traffic signal system will require temporary lane shifts and lane closures. Use caution, watch for traffic changes and possible flagged traffic at times.
- KY 1336: Paving finishing up on Days Mill Road.
- Coming soon to KY 599 (Wallingford Road), KY 1013: Paving on Wallingford Road between downtown Flemingsburg and Wooley Road, and paving on Muses Mill Road. Watch for signs and message boards.
- Various Routes, KY 10 (AA Highway), KY 3306, KY 3307: Blacktop patching. One-lane, flagged traffic possible at various locations. Use caution.
- KY 8, KY 59: One-lane flagged traffic at various locations for blacktop patching on KY 8 between KY 57 at Concord and KY 3037 near Vanceburg; and on KY 59 between Straight Fork and KY 344 when KY 8 is complete. Crews will be working Saturday. Watch for signs, heed flaggers, use caution.
- AA Highway (KY 9 & 10): Ditch repairs on the AA (KY 9 Grayson spur) around milepoint 6.5, and on AA (KY 10) near Garrison between KY 1306 and KY 8. Shoulder closures. Watch for trucks entering and leaving the highway, use caution.
- KY 1244, KY 1285, KY 13, KY 606, KY 386: Blacktop patching operations and paving will take place in various locations on these highways within the next few weeks. One-lane, flagged traffic and delays expected.
- KY 1274 (Pretty Ridge): A stabilization project and paving will require temporary lane closures. Watch electronic message boards for updates.
- KY 377 (Cranston Road): Utility relocations between KY 32 and Triplett could require temporary lane closures, flagged traffic, etc. Motorists should use caution, slow down in work zones, and be prepared for delays.
- Coming Soon on KY 1167 (Dry Creek Road): Pavement repairs, paving from KY 519 to Clack Mountain East (mile markers 0-5).
- I-64: Contractors are mowing interstate medians, roadsides, and exit ramps in Bath, Rowan, Carter, and Boyd, moving west to east. Watch for mowing crews on shoulders and use caution.
- US 23: Beginning this week, contractors will mow US 23 medians and roadsides in Greenup and Boyd counties. Watch for mowing crews on shoulders and use caution.
- US 68: Contractors will mow roadsides in Nicholas, Fleming, and Mason counties, moving west to east. Watch for mowing crews on shoulders and use caution.
Motorists should also watch for lane closures and flagged traffic in all counties where crews are mowing along state highways, as well as for daily maintenance activities such as paint striping, pothole patching, ditching, and other repairs in District 9’s service area of Bath, Boyd, Carter, Elliott, Fleming, Greenup, Lewis, Mason, Nicholas and Rowan counties.
In addition to providing real-time traffic information online at GoKY.ky.gov or via Waze on your smartphone, the Kentucky Department of Highways District 9 updates road work on social media at Facebook.com/KYTCDistrict9 and at Twitter.com/KYTCDistrict9.
Road work schedules are subject to change depending on weather conditions. Motorists are asked to heed all warning signs, slow down in work zones and remain aware of workers and construction equipment when traveling.